Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Peanut Butter in the Summer

Peanut Butter in the Summer! Have you ever wondered . . . why my blog is called Peanut Butter in the Summer? Let me tell you---there's no particular reason, except that I really like peanut butter, it's the summer time, and it sounded like a cool title. One question I do have is how do I put cool peanut butter icons in my background, like unto the cookie icons Korynne has on hers?
Some might rise up with arguments against peanut butter like, "It's too sticky," or "It's too messy," or "It gets in my hair," or "It's too fatty."

Allow me to address these. Peanut butter is sticky---all the stickier it will be on your green apple slices for a delicious combo. Peanut butter is messy---which will allow you to spend more time cleaning with that special someone as you clean up after making some peanut butter and preserves sandwiches. Peanut butter may get in your hair---all the more delightful the aroma will be as you glide down the hallways of BYU. Peanut butter is fatty---you got that right.

For all these reasons and more, I encourage you to make peanut butter a significant part of your life and your summer. Yeah, Western Family!



Appendage---grilled peanut butter sandwich

Anne Hopkin (see comment below) helped enhance my pioneer celebration by helping me partake in a new peanut butter experience. Let us feast on the glorious legume!




6 comments:

  1. Peanut butter is fatty, but at least it contains healthy fats! Plus protein. Peanut butter is the best. I'm going to go eat a grilled PB&J now, have you tried that? It's like grilled cheese but it's PB&J instead. I thought everyone eats those, but some people haven't tried them. So if you haven't, you need to go make one right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne! Thank-you for your comment! I got to read your comment on Monday---it helped me enhance my Pioneer celebration! In honor of you and our pioneer heritages, I posted a few pictures above that I hope honor the wonderful legume-treat I got to make for the first time.

      Delete
    2. That is such an interesting idea Anne! I have toasted bread and then made pb&j but I never thought of grilling it all at once.

      Delete
  2. I love how you put pictures in your blogs. It makes them so much more enjoyable to read than everyone else's. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think it sounds like an interesting name. Your process reminds me of how people come up with band names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think it sounds like an interesting name. Your process reminds me of how people come up with band names.

    ReplyDelete