Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Blessing of Others and Their Feedback

One thing that I have noticed recently that has really been a blessing in my life is getting feedback from other people. Before this summer, I didn't have a sibling here at BYU for two or three years. This summer, though, my sister started her first term at BYU! It has been great to have her here. I've realized how much my sister can help me in my life even in just talking with me. I've also seen how much of a better brother I can be. Throughout my career at BYU, I've tended to be pretty independent. I love other people, but for some reason I tend to kind of go it alone in a lot of respects. I've become really close with my roommate, this school year. He has been such a blessing, and it's been awesome to find so many similarities between us. I've realized, though, how much of a better roommate I can be.

I feel like I'm realizing more and more that life is better with other people---even if I don't feel like being with others or think that that will have a benefit in my life. There seems to be a magic in interacting with other people that blesses my life. One thing that I have valued recently is getting others' feedback and having conversations with them that involves me asking for their thoughts on something. I had a really great experience with my sister, this past weekend. I was so grateful for her feedback and that she listened to me so well. I hope I can be so much more for her and the rest of my family and my friends. I want so very much to be a help and a blessing in their lives. Being with friends and having friends with whom I can talk and relate has been such a blessing. I am so grateful for those who take the time to talk with me and be with me. It has been a blessing to hear from them and gain insights from them. I look forward to learning more and more from those around me---truly it is priceless to have others around us. We cannot do it alone.

2 comments:

  1. Here is some blessed feedback. I like your background, it is simple,peaceful and pretty. I don't know if pretty is what you are going for, but it is what you are accomplishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of the same way - I love other people but I also choose to be too independent sometimes. My calling has forced me to get to know everyone in this ward, and I've been surprised how much of a difference that makes in my life! People are great. I hope in future wards I don't wait to be forced to get to know everyone!

    ReplyDelete