Monday, August 1, 2016

Food!

I'm grateful for food. It is a precious fuel for physical performance, but also allots many opportunities for social interaction, expression of creativity, and helping uplift and impress others, such as that amazing lady who shouts for joy when she takes a bite of that delectable grilled cheese sandwich.

Miraculously, I take one big shopping trip about every five to six weeks. I spend somewhere around $115 to $160 each time I go, which ends up being somewhere in the realm of $18 to $35 dollars a week spent on food (and I eat quite a bit). I have been blessed to use this money on a lot of food, and, additionally, a lot of healthy food.

I support an approach of being thrifty and nutritionally-minded in purchasing food, but having a creative and smart approach to preparing and eating it. Something that has helped me save time time and not be so stressed is preparing food for the next day the night before the upcoming day. Also, even though I am a Nutritional Science major, I definitely support a wide variety of desserts and more confectionery delights, like those key lime cookies my cousin made recently. Honestly, if you have had a long day and need energy, a donut could be the perfect meal or supplement to your meal.

I hope your lives are filled with a exceedingly great amount of delicious foods to choose from. I'm grateful I get to be a Latter-Day Saint and have the opportunity to contribute throughout the year to those who may not be as fortunate as I am to get the food they need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qt2AMMj7Y8#action=share

Let's eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment