Monday, August 1, 2016

Learning!

I love learning! For much of my life, I have been so dedicated to learning the Gospel, which has involved me having my head in heart in the scriptures and being involved in lots of Church activities. Recently, though, I've noticed the powerful effect that academic learning has had on my life as well as simply fictional stories that I've taken the time to read and get to know.

For example, I'm reading a book called, "The Power of Habit." So far, this book has been amazing and very insightful. It talks about how human habit is formed and even suppressed and the differences habits have made in the lives of other people, such as Olympic athlete, Michael Phelps, and former Alcoa executive, Paul O'Neill. These people have been able to accomplish wonderful things---habit has made a difference.

I'm reading other books right now, as well, like Mere Christianity and Rich Dad Poor Dad, both of which I would probably recommend to anybody. It's amazing how much we can learn from books. Other mediums of technology can also provide amazing learning opportunities, such as television and internet blogs. I hope all of us can strive to become life-long learners. I'm a believer than even in the potential business of school, reading and learning in other ways can provide a richness in life that can contribute to greater success in school and greater happiness for us and those we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment